Managing DirectorBEng (Hons), FIEAust, Dip (PM)
Tom Sulda is an independent business strategy and process consultant as well as a contract process trainer in Business Analysis, Project Management, Prince2, Agile, PMBOK, Prince2 Agile & Managing Successful Programmes.
Tom is a highly experienced business executive having worked across all business functions from the front to back end including corporate services.
- Development and delivery of Project Management systems and training programs
- Business transformations, restructures including acquisitions
- 3rd party project reviews and recommendations
- Proven experience and results leading and motivating multidisciplinary teams through successful internal business change projects driving best practice through processes and procedures
- Strong understanding of value stream mapping theory and practice
Demonstrated broad understanding of Engineering, IT, HR, HSEQ and Project Management theory and practice
- Demonstrated broad understanding of financial management principals, business analysis and commercial business acumen in all decision making
- Development of company policy and procedures
- Development of reporting systems aligned to the tracking of company strategic goals
- Identification, planning and implementation of continuous improvement projects
- Amateur musician playing in concert & brass bands, symphony orchestras and jazz big bands
- Completion of 3 full Ironman Triathlons and 9 marathons
- Husband of a wonderful wife (Vicki) and father of 4 grown up children
- Jointly published 2 Journal Papers on Microwave Frequency engineering
Tom has a strong background in business processes in IT and engineering environments with an ability to tailor best practice methodologies from simple to complex business systems.
Tom has highly developed analytical, communication and change management skills including formal engineering and business qualifications.
Tom has reviewed in excess of 150 projects, recommending and implementing system and behavioural change across many organisations.
Tom communicates well at all levels to help form strong working relationships with customers and colleagues. Tom enjoys motivating, organising others and works well under pressure, taking pride in seeing a project through to completion.
Tom has reached the level of fellow of the Institute of Engineers Australia recognising engineers that committed their career to the profession of engineering and either held a sustained, major responsibility in the design or execution of important engineering work; have relevant education qualifications, and/or made a major contribution to the science or practice of engineering occupying a distinguished position within the profession.
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering Degree (1st Class Honours) – University of Southern Queensland, 1997
- Graduate Certificate in Management – University of Adelaide, 2005
- Diploma of Project Management – Australian Institute of Management, 2011
- Fellow – The Institution of Engineers Australia
- Qualified ISO IMS (HSEQ) lead auditor (RABQSA)
- Agile Practitioner 2014, Prince2 Practitioner 2014, Managing Successful Programmes 2015, AgileBA Practitioner 2017
- ISO27001 Practitioner 2018
- Avionics Design Engineer (Radio and Radar systems) – Royal Australian Air Force, 1998