So what are the facts and why should your business be interested:
The IT environment has increasing challenges and complexity:
- Shadow IT and BYOD
- Regulatory Pressures
- Budget costs and pressures
- Hybrid environments spanning, cloud, mobile and on-premises
There are more targeted Attacks and data theft:
- 1670+ data loss events
- 770+ million records stolen
Data breaches are the new normal.
Exposure points have evolved > boards and executives are asking why?
- 43% of data breaches are caused by insiders:
- 33% purchased SaaS apps without IT’s knowledge
- 42% have access to company data & applications after termination
- 1 in 5 would sell their password to a 3rd party
- 1 in 3 share credentials with other co-workers
What does this mean: “a billion points of Access” “a billion points of exposure”
Security paradigms are shifting from network centric to user centric
All this makes IAM a very fast growing market: ($4.8B in 2014 – 7.1B in 2018) > IAM is the #1 CISO spending priority in the next 3-5 years, driven by the security risk.